This was the battle that brought an end to the 22 years of war of the Revolution and of the Empire. From now on Europe would know a relative peace.
In 1815, the former Bodenghien inn, a building dating from 1705 that now houses the Wellington Museum, was a coaching inn. This vast construction was chosen by the British Military as headquarters for all the army staff.
The Duke of Wellington, commander-in-chief of the allied armies, stayed here on the nights of 17th and 18th June 1815.
Address : Chaussée de Bruxelles, 147
B 1410 Waterloo
Tel. : 0032 (0)2 357 28 60
Fax : 0032 (0)2 354 28 31
EMail : email@example.com
Internet : www.museewellington.be
The museum is open daily with the exception of 1st January and 25th December.
From 1st October to 31th March from 10h00 to 17h00.
From 1st April to 30th September from 9h30 to 18h00.
This post is also available in: French